Invisalign– Glastonbury, CT
Get the Modern Orthodontic Treatment That’s Comfortable and Fast
Are you an adult that feels like you missed out on your opportunity to straighten your smile? At Glastonbury Dental Associates, we offer a modern orthodontic treatment that utilizes a practically unnoticeable clear appliance to gently nudge your teeth into their ideal positions. We don’t want our patients to have to sacrifice their comfort and daily lifestyle for traditional braces. To see if Invisalign treatment can benefit you, be sure to visit your cosmetic dentist in Glastonbury for a consultation today!
Why Choose Glastonbury Dental Associates For Invisalign?
- Trustworthy and Transparent
- State-of-the-Art Facility
- High-Quality Dental Care
What is Invisalign Treatment?
When you visit Glastonbury Dental Associates to learn more about Invisalign clear braces, you’ll find out that the process utilizes series of aligners that are custom-formed to your mouth. Each set places a gentle amount of pressure on your teeth to shift them into a straighter position and correct crowding and misalignment. Every two weeks, you’ll pick up your next series of trays from us. They’re made from a smooth and clear FDA-approved plastic that’s similar to a retainer. After wearing them for 22 hours each day for the entirety of your treatment time, you’ll have a beautiful improved grin.
What are the Benefits of Invisalign?
Invisalign offers a variety of benefits that no other orthodontic treatment can. We utilize the latest advancements and technology in the dental field to craft an individualized plan for each of our patients’ smiles. Some benefits patients can enjoy from the treatment include:
- Easily maintain your oral hygiene without having to maneuver around brackets and wires when you brush and floss. All you need to do is take out your aligners beforehand.
- Invisalign is a safe orthodontic treatment for teenagers and adults.
- The average Invisalign treatment time is anywhere between eight and 14 months, which is significantly shorter than traditional braces.
- Shorter and easier follow-up appointment where you won’t have to worry about leaving in discomfort.
- Enjoy all the foods that you normally would, just be sure to take out your trays first.
How Do I Get My Invisalign Aligners?
The first step to getting your Invisalign aligners is to schedule an appointment at Glastonbury Dental Associates. We’ll begin by examining your mouth and oral health to see if you’re a good candidate. For more severe problems, traditional metal braces may be best. After taking images of your mouth and dental impressions, we’ll create a custom treatment plan.
Usually, we’ll receive your aligners from a special Invisalign laboratory about 4 weeks later. Every two weeks, you’ll visit us to collect the next series in your treatment and we’ll make sure that your teeth and gums are in great shape. We’ll continue this process until you don’t have any more sets of trays left in your treatment. After that, we’ll instruct you to wear a retainer to keep your teeth from shifting back into their previous positions.
How Much Does Treatment Cost?
Like most orthodontic treatments, the cost varies drastically from patient to patient. This can be based on a variety of factors including treatment time, the severity of your issues, and whether your insurance company contributes to the cost. Typically, dental benefits don’t cover cosmetic procedures, but we find that this is beginning to change, so be sure to give them a call and double-check.
We also value transparency and believe that every patient should be able to seek the treatment that they believe is best for their oral and overall health, which is why we offer third-party financing options like CareCredit. Be sure to contact us today to learn how we can help you get the straightened smile you’ve been wanting.
Invisalign FAQs – Glastonbury, CT
If you’re considering Invisalign to straighten your teeth, you already know that it’s a discreet way to get the same great results you would get from metal braces. And since it’s natural to have a few questions about the process before you decide, we’ve compiled answers to several common Invisalign FAQs below. But feel free to contact us if you have any other questions. Our team of experienced dentists has helped countless people straighten their smile, and we’re always just a phone call away!
Do Invisalign Trays Make It Hard To Speak Clearly?
Many people can enunciate clearly from the beginning, while others have a short adjustment period where they speak with a mild lisp. However, while the trays may take some getting used to, you’ll be able to “train” your lips and tongue to speak clearly in a matter of days. Some people find that reading or singing out loud speeds up the process.
How Should I Care For My Aligner Trays?
- Clean your trays with the right products (such as clear liquid soap or special products from us). Don’t use toothpaste or denture cleaner because they contain abrasive ingredients that can scratch or damage your trays.
- Only expose your trays to cool or lukewarm water, as high temperatures can warp them.
- Brush your trays after every meal to prevent any leftover residue from staining your trays, especially if you’ve eaten foods like berries or marinara sauce.
- When your trays are in, only drink plain water. Anything colored, carbonated or flavored can stain your trays and give them a bad odor.
- Store your trays in their protective case during meals. If they’re wrapped in a tissue or napkin, it’s very easy to accidentally throw them away afterward.
What Happens If I Lose My Invisalign Trays?
If you lose your trays, call us right away and start wearing your previous set of trays immediately. These will act as temporary “retainers” to keep your teeth in place while replacement trays are being made by the Invisalign lab (which typically takes several weeks). While this will extend your treatment time a bit, you won’t lose any ground by having your teeth move back to where they were.
How Can I Be Sure That Invisalign Will Work?
Invisalign has been successfully used for around 20 years and has helped more than 8 million adults and teens achieve a straight, healthy smile. In a large survey, patients gave it a 96% satisfaction rating, with 9 out of 10 people saying they would recommend it to their friends and family.
Understanding the Cost of Invisalign
Like most orthodontic treatments, the cost of Invisalign in Glastonbury varies drastically from patient to patient. The price depends on a variety of factors including treatment time, the severity of your orthodontic issues, and whether your insurance company contributes to the cost. Dental insurance is becoming increasingly more likely to offer coverage for Invisalign, and we’ll be happy to check whether your plan does.
We also value transparency and believe that every patient should be able to seek the treatment that they believe is best for their oral and overall health. That’s why we offer third-party financing options like CareCredit to help you attain the straightened smile you’ve been wanting.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Invisalign
No two smiles are exactly alike, making it basically impossible to predict how much your treatment will cost unless you see an Invisalign dentist in Glastonbury for a consultation. After we’ve examined your mouth, we can begin to consider the factors that affect Invisalign cost, which include:
- The severity of your misalignment (smaller issues are easier and more affordable to fix than more extensive ones).
- Whether you’ll need to wear aligners on both arches or just your upper/lower arch.
- How long your treatment is expected to take (the more aligners you need to wear, the higher your overall treatment costs will be).
Which Costs More: Invisalign or Smile Direct Club™?
Do-it-yourself (DIY) clear aligner kits might sound like a nice way to fix your smile on a budget. This is understandable, as Smile Direct Club and other systems like it come at a fraction of the price of Invisalign. However, these cheaper solutions come with many serious risks. For example:
- You have to capture your own impressions of your teeth. There’s always a chance that your impressions will be inaccurate and your aligners won’t fit correctly.
- You’re responsible for progressing through your treatment on your own. If an issue does develop, you may not even realize it until severe damage has been done.
- You won’t have the oversight of a trusted orthodontic professional. Not only does this mean that small issues won’t be caught and fixed early on at regular checkups, but if you do notice a problem, you won’t be able to call your dentist directly. Instead, you’ll have to deal with a long phone tree or a customer service representative who may not have the expertise you need.
In short, Invisalign in Glastonbury is 100% worth the higher price. Your aligners will be professionally made from fully accurate impressions, and our team will be here to make sure your treatment remains problem-free every step of the way.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Invisalign?
If your dental insurance plan covers traditional orthodontics, there’s a good chance that it will also provide at least partial coverage for Invisalign. However, you should check with your insurance company before moving forward with the treatment, just to be sure. Our team can help you with this process, and we can even provide in-network savings for patients with Delta Dental, Anthem, BlueCross BlueShield, MetLife, and United Healthcare.
Options for Making Invisalign Affordable
Even patients without insurance can enjoy Invisalign at affordable prices here at Glastonbury Dental Associates. Our partnership with CareCredit allows you to fit Invisalign more comfortably within your budget. If you qualify for one of their payment plans, you can break up your treatment costs into monthly installments that are easy to manage and typically come with little or no interest!